Well, here’s your final MMWU for 2012. It’s hard to believe that I’ve written five years of MMWUs – that’s a grand total of 260 fast-read strategies to help you stay in the No-Compromise Leadership zone. It is an honor and privilege to know that over 9,000 leaders from around the world start their week off with a little kick in the butt from me.
To keep you from dragging the wrong stuff from 2012 into a brand new year, I went back into the MMWU archives and pulled ten topics that touched the right leadership nerve with readers. Read them. Digest them. Use them. Make each and every resolution stick.
Here are your ten leadership resolutions for 2013:
- Stop tolerating the intolerable: When you tolerate the intolerable, it becomes your “normal.” There’s funky stuff going on in your company that needs to go away – and it’s your job to get rid of it.
- It’s always about the dream: Your team may respect and be loyal to you, but it’s your dream that inspires them. It’s always about the dream – the vision of your company. If your company’s vision isn’t burning bright, it’s time to buff it up and make it shine again.
- Beware of the Entrepreneurial Curse: The entrepreneurial curse is not about being “burned out” as much as it is about feelings of being stuck and lost in your own company. Reread resolution number two. It’s time to go no compromise. Give Strategies a call. We’ll show you how.
- Where’s that fire in your gut? I’m referring to that deepest level of passion that pushes you to fight for what you believe in, to achieve your wildest dreams – to captivate the imagination and spirit of those around you.
- Success at the Factor of TEN: A leader must want to succeed ten times more than those they lead. No compromise.
- Get rid of the Elephant: Those elephants hanging around your company living room aren’t your pets – they’re obstacles to growth. Bloated payroll costs, excessive debt, the superstar employee that could care less about your company and team – get rid of the elephant.
- Average is easy – Extraordinary isn’t: Are you leading your company on the relentless pursuit of average? I think not. But how much of how you lead and how your company performs minimize its potential?
- Keep your chaos to yourself: Chaotic companies are led by chaotic leaders. Leaders always need to be the first to change because that’s where chaos begins. No compromise.
- Don’t collect monkeys: Problems are monkeys. People need to own their problems and fix them. No compromise.
- Going No Compromise means living it: No-Compromise Leadership is about doing what’s best and right for the company, its employees and its customers. It is about clarity, purpose and mutual respect. It is about taking ownership in what goes right and wrong in the company. Most of all, it means, “If it needs to be done – get it done.”
Thank you for allowing me into your world every week. My only wish is to make a difference.
Happy New Year from all of us at Strategies.
- – - – - – - – -
Please share your thoughts with me about today’s Monday Morning Wake-Up. Click above to comment.
Pass this e-mail on to your business colleagues, managers and friends. They’ll appreciate it.